Peanuts are very popular tasty peanuts and loved by young and old alike. We know their characteristics better.
Who calls them peanuts, the one who calls them cremone bolt, who bagigi, peanuts, etc. are the most popular dried fruits.
Their usage it’s not just an appetite suppressant after being grilled, but also to obtain groundnut oil widely used in cooking.
They are precisely legumes, the mistake that everyone makes is to think of them as dried fruits, but in reality they are legumes. Let’s find out what other characteristics and virtues of these legumes.
What are peanuts
Let’s not forget that peanuts are also popular as peanuts.
It’s about a species of legume classified in the genus Arachis of the Papilionaceae family.
Peanuts are native to South America, they grow underground peanut producing countries are China, India, Nigeria and the United States, however, the most valuable peanut varieties are grown in Israel.
The fruit has a straw yellow colorirregular oval in shape, covered with a thin reddish film and a number of seeds which generally varies from two to three.
When they are now ripe they are harvested and roasted. On the market, they are therefore sold with different levels of roasting, with or without shells and salted or not on the surface.
When buying them, be careful, the internal seeds must be crunchy, whole and not rancid. Therefore, those that are weathered, blackened, poorly preserved, with an unpleasant appearance and taste should be discarded.
Advantages and properties
The benefits and properties of peanuts are numerous:
- improves memory and stimulates the nervous system;
- choleretic effect;
- antioxidant properties;
- improve the work of the heart muscle;
- renew old cells;
- useful for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- improve male potency;
- beneficial effect on hearing;
- energize the bodyreduce the feeling of hunger;
- promote weight loss when taken in moderation.
Here is what it contains 100 grams of peanuts:
- roasted peanuts: Calories: 594 kcal; Carbohydrates: 25g; Protein: 17g; Fat: 51g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 12 mg (669 mg of salt).
- peanut butter: Calories: 612 kcal; Carbohydrates: 12g; Protein: 25g; Fat: 57g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 1mg.
Plus both contain coupons amounts of vitamins B and E but also fiber and minerals such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, ro, manganese and zinc.
Variety of peanuts
Apart from the fact that they are all excellent strains to taste, the main ones can be found below.
Here is a list of the main varieties of peanuts:
- Spanish: the founders of all new varieties. The fruits are rather small and the grains are covered with a bright red husk;
- Virginia: they are among the largest and are highly regarded for making gourmet peanut butter;
- Runner or Runner: they are among the biggest peanuts. They are used in all types of preparations, desserts such as candies, chocolate desserts, peanut butter;
- Tennessee: American variety mainly used for the production of peanut butter;
You may also be interested in: Protect your heart and reduce the risk of heart attack by eating fatty fruits
Uses and diets
Peanuts they are widely used in the kitchenunder the oven of:
- oil which has a high smoke point, second only to olive oil;
- butter, widely used in America, but it is a high calorie product;
- whole nuts, in sauces or as an aperitif.
Every day a consumption of 20 to 30 grams is indicated, no more. They play a very important role in the fight against cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
In diabetic diets, correct dosage of peanuts, can give some control over the sugar.
To enjoy all the benefits of peanuts, IThe advice is to eat them in the morning so that they can avoid the glycemic peak and then keep the values under control throughout the day.
Naturally it is recommended to avoid salty ones, it wouldn’t be good for the pressure. It is better to choose plain and grilled ones. The correct daily dose to be consumed safely is 30 grams.
During, the polyphenols found in walnuts help the human body activate free radicals that fight cancer cells.
However, being a high calorie food, it is not recommended in case of excessive use. if you are on a weight loss diet.
As a recipe, we offer you, Peanut Butter. Rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Usually used for breakfast.
For the preparing a pot to consume in a few days, approximately 250 g of peanuts.
Decorate them and put them in a frying pan over medium heat to grill them. After roasting them put them in a robotchopped until the mixture is creamy then transfer it to a jar. The butter is ready to eat or stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Peanuts they are not recommended for allergy sufferers. It is indeed the third cause of allergy after milk and eggs. It occurs early in most cases since childhood.
The reaction can occur by contact, inhalation and especially by ingestion.
A large amount of these delicious raw snacks leads to disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. For this reason, it is best to seek the advice of your doctor. For all joint diseases, it is advisable to avoid nuts in the diet.